I can be having a wonderful day, no worries, totally relaxed and refreshed, and then one little, minor, insignificant, non-essential, thing happens and my day plummets, my mood darkens, my temperature rises, and I’m in a royal snit. Was it really just a little thing? Several little things can add up to one big thing can’t they? The ‘last straw’ as they say ‘breaks the camel’s back’. Well I have been known to get my back up many times when a cooler head would have saved me so much trouble, pain, and shame.
Lately, though, I have found myself thinking before I speak, biting my tongue, and keeping myself from RE-acting. Have I matured, mellowed, grown up? Let’s hope so. So many years I spent trying to undo what I had done in the heat of the moment. Little things that now I can’t even remember; and if I do remember them, they were not worth the actions or the re-actions.
Lord, help me to remember who I am; I am Your child and as such I want to honor you in all I do. Thankfully You are loving and forgiving. I am blessed beyond words that You have not thrown up Your hands, turned Your back, and given up on me … even when I gave up on You.
You are omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent. You are love. You are peace. You are joy. You are kind. You are patient. You are my Heavenly Father. I love how you love me … no matter what. Amen
A name is not a little thing.
Words have meaning and names have power. ~Author unknown
- El Shaddai: Lord God Almighty
- El Elyon: The Most High God
- Adonai: Lord, Master
- Yahweh: Lord, Jehovah
- Jehovah Nissi: The Lord My Banner
- Jehovah-Raah: The Lord My Shepherd
- Jehovah-Rapha: The Lord That Heals
- Jehovah Shammah: The Lord is There
- Jehovah Tsidkenu: The Lord Our Righteousness
- Jehovah Mekoddishkem: The Lord Who Sanctifies You
- El Olam: The Everlasting God
- Elohim: God
- Qanna: Jealous
- Jehovah Jireh: The Lord Will Provide
- Jehovah Shalom: The Lord is Peace
- Jehovah Sabaoth: The Lord of Hosts