My Heavenly Father, Your child wants to set about seeing this wonderful creation of Yours. How I long to discover the loveliness of Glacier National Park, or witness the Aurora Borealis, or Northern Lights, caused by electrical collisions from the sun that travel through the earth’s atmosphere and collide with oxygen, nitrogen, and other gases. Who but You, Lord, could take electrical collisions and turn them into a light show like no other?
As a city resident for more than two score years, I’d love to experience the stars in their brilliance ‘neath a velvet blanket of infinite space.
In a few weeks our area near Pickens, South Carolina, will be witness to a full solar eclipse. We pray for clear skies that day.
Dear Lord, There are more natural wonders than I can ever see, hear, or touch. Just know Your child wants to thank You for this world full of wonders. I know it thrills You when Your children are thrilled with childlike awe and wonder!
America the Beautiful
Words by Katharine Lee Bates Melody by Samuel Ward 1910
“Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me!”
I’m not a wretch, not usually, but I have been saved. In this case, saved from buying a second home that:
- I don’t need
- will cost way too much money to fix
- where only the roof is in good shape
- where termites are actively chewing up the floor supports
- I have enough on my plate with the home my husband and I share and my parent’s estate located three hours away which we have been trying to sell for a year
- I am not getting younger
- I want to lighten my work load, not add to it
- I’d rather travel
- I’d rather see all fifty states
- I’d rather see what I can safely see overseas
- I’d love to see Ireland
- I’d love to go down the Amazon River
- I want to see Alaska
- I want to see as many National Parks as possible
- I want to set off to see America, as they say, “See the USA in my Chevrolet!”
- I could go on and on.
Dear Lord, You know me; You know I’ve worked hard all my life; You know I am a generous soul; You know I love to share my travels with my sweet husband. Help me find a way to discover Your world, share it with him, and stand in awe and wonder of Your Mighty Power, Glory, Magnificence, and Grace.
Well, it looks to me like I know what I want.
Having another house doesn’t seem to be on that list.
Whew !! WOW … that sends a prickle of excitement up and down my spine !!